We all love our country Bangladesh. As a Bangladeshi, we have different perception, religious beliefs, and contingency of thoughts, available information and correcting response of emerging issues, which are affecting our personal life with changing the environmental. Now all of the Bangladeshi people have been known the emerging concept Digital Bangladesh Vision 2021in this Informational age.
Digital Bangladesh: Young Generation
Present prime minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina in 2008 have been arising a broad concept Digital Bangladesh Vision 2021, which is significantly changes our environmental counterword. The victory of Awami League in the last election has given the new government a huge task of meeting peoples aspirations. Different analyses of the electoral results have exposed that the young generation who consist of more than one third of the voters had indeed brought this overwhelming victory for AL. The visionary approach of ALs manifesto, especially its Vision 2021² which envisions a digital Bangladesh.
Digital age aspects: Third World
The digital Technology has been created major changes in the worldwide. The world in which we live the world of late modernity is characterized by a deep uncertainty; uncertainty not only about the foundations of social structure, but also about individual identity. Digital technology offers powerful tools for learning, for self-expression, and for the building, maintenance and sharing of identity. But for citizens of the third age, these aspects of the modern world pose a threat to their identity. Being able to use the technology appropriately in real situations is therefore important to any citizen. Technology has not changed the notion of what learning is, but it has opened up more avenues in thinking how it can be done. If we wish to empower seniors digitally we should focus on their goals for digital usage, the areas in which digital activity is socially meaningful and contribute directly to the development of meaning and identity.
Allan Martin (February 2009:2) Digital Literacy for the Third Age: Sustaining Identity in an Uncertain World eLearning Papers, www.elearningpapers.eu, 1 Nº 12 ¢ February 2009, ISSN 1887-1542 Bangladesh should be part of Information age and Digital Bangladesh, needs to be the basis grounded for Bangladesh. The concept of Digital Bangladesh should be centered on the creation of what is popularly termed as a knowledge based society, Therefore, knowledge-based society where information will be readily available online and where all possible tasks of the government, semi-government and also private spheres will be processed using online. In the third world perspective identify three key elements i.
Late modern society
ii. Digitally-infused society
iii. A society in which change is perceived as endemic and as rapid, in which nothing appears to remain the same, in which fashions change by the season, political leaders rise and fall with stunning rapidity, celebrities arise from nowhere with often the slimmest claim to fame, and can vanish overnight, and every product on the market is new.
Late modern society:
It is a globalised society, in which the free-market economy has become transformed into a supranational order, in which the elite, no longer loyal or beholden to any one country, and itself highly mobile in terms of its location and lifestyle, deploys capital on a global basis.
Digital technology has become essential to the accomplishment of most official and commercial activities, and many personal ones too. The digital, which was initially a tool to achieve faster and more efficiently the activities we already performed, has enabled activities previously considered unimaginable, including globalization itself. It has also forced a change in the way we think about information, from a finite and miserable substance to a product of infinite quantity which can only be engaged with through digital tools. (Online services) A society in which change is perceived as endemic and as rapid: Buzzwords define values: in higher education quality has been superseded by excellence ( but what comes after excellence?).
In practice the change is not so real the companies making the new products are the same, and the rich tend to stay or high rich but the perception of change is necessary in a global economy whose basis is consumption. All these elements already exist in our daily life of the Bangladesh. Living own life responsibility taking concentrate towards the concept of globalize words for personal misfortunes and unanticipated events. Allan Martin (February 2009:3) Digital Literacy for the Third Age: Sustaining Identity in an Uncertain World eLearning Papers, www.elearningpapers.eu, 1 Nº 12 ¢ February 2009, ISSN 1887-1542
Manuel Castells: The Internet Galaxy, The Internet is a fundamental instrument for Development in the Third World (castells2001:5) The digital technology is reshaping Bangladeshi economy, political and socio cultural scenario. The Slogan Digital Bangladesh meaning knowledge-society which creates an information relational sphere. All of sphere is equally important to thinking & making positively awareness to environmental event through information efficiency. The local community ceases to be an element of stability which confers aspects of identity, and the building of involvement in communities has become a conscious action forming part of the construction of individual identity. (Blogging) Individual responsibility does have positive as well as negative aspects: the freedom to make ones own biography has never been greater, a theme frequently repeated in the media. (Information efficiency & availability)
Technological Advantages of Digital Age: effectively cause violence: Computers, modern telecommunication and the Internet all reduce communication costs and break down geographical borders. Thats why; ICT can be an important driver in poverty reduction and assure sustained economic growth, better public welfare, and strong social solidity and democratic forms of government. More and more efficiency of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has change in governmental functions globally to achieve efficiency and cost-effective service delivery to citizens. Digital Bangladesh is a transformative vision that proposes to use modern technology to impact every aspect of public and private life and they way they interacts to improve the quality of life and quality of governance. Technology is offering huge significantly broad concept throughout the Internet.
This is easier to connect the worldwide with one second-
* Easily get information of the any site of world(Google, Yahoo etc) * Now Educational sphere is not local also growing worldwide(All information on websites) * Financial Institutes provide international Service with their own identity(e-banking) * Significantly changes the Social Communication (Facebook, Blogging etc) * Bangladesh telecommunication have been reached rural area & making a thinking of new theory of social communication also provide daily activities (agricultural, medical service through mobile) * The news of all Newspapers published on Online
* Media & Advertising concept blinded on a web page.
* Now-a-days All Bangladeshi political groups have own websites & all groups update their activities on basis of countrywide. Information technology reduces costs, saves time, improves efficiency, raises comfort levels and increases the confidence of peoples. Also affect the societal changes of the situational effect which coherence distorted values of ethics. Newly emerged internet activity create technology based society & create negative impact of child caution of low cost of the accessed of internet mobile. Which have broadly connected social ethics, cultural movement, new thinking of any possible outcomes, satellite competitiveness, unfair attitude on different perspective countries, religious beliefs of any community, easy browse of pornographic event, news of violence create negative effective also frequently inspired by the issue arising, which distortion of our daily living life thinking.
* September 29th ,2012 Ramu Violence happened in Coxs Bazaar District, Bangladesh: Caused of ethical concept published behind the religious beliefs, as therefore distortion the Cultural heritage of Bangladesh, create dilemma between two community also significantly arising social imbalance. * Rape and murder in Delhi- Whole world to rise up and demonstrate at the murderous gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman on a bus in Delhi on a mid-December evening. Not just the fact of the crime: in India rape has long been depressingly common. It damages our social security also affect perception of people thinking about the social accountability. * After the Rape and murder in Delhi coincidently effect our young generation to arise some unethical practices, Ive noticed my personal opinion: In January (1-5) we have seen the media & newspaper published some raping cases which happened in Tangail & Savaar. Finally, we have right to know the real meaning of
Digital Age is the awareness, attitude and ability of individuals to appropriately use digital tools and facilities to identify, access, manage, integrate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize digital resources, construct new knowledge, create media expressions, and communicate with others, in the context of specific life situations, in order to enable constructive social action; and to reflect upon this process. (Martin, 2006: 19) Strategy plan for Bangladesh:
The people of Bangladesh are in dialogue and the topic is about their future a future that is encapsulated by the phrase Digital Bangladesh. The goals are to ensure human rights, legal services, social equity, productivity, integrity, law and order, etc. for the people through the automation and deployment of ICTs. These are mentioned in the ICT Policy of 2009. In the pillars of Digital Bangladesh, the various stakeholders provided an assessment on the present situation of Bangladesh in terms of e-governance, e-business, cyber security, ICT infrastructure, health, education and the digital divide.
In summary, the study looked into the narratives and ensuing dialogues on Digital Bangladesh from the perspective of government, business, academe, media, IT and civil society. From the findings, it can be cleaned that Bangladeshis from these various sectors felt they had a huge stake in Digital Bangladesh and for this reason, did not allow the campaign slogan to die a natural death.
Developed ICT & Trained manpower:
ICT is the backbone of any digital initiative. It covers the vast area of information ensuring connectivity through the information technology, communication technology and of course the telecommunication technology. Without the development of the ICT sector, the dream of a Digital Bangladesh would not be possible. The main factors of ICT are the physical backbone and the intellect. Computer Systems, Network Machineries, Software, Wire and Wireless Connectivity Systems, Broadcast Hardware and many other Hardware and Accessories are the physical backbone. The trained human behind the backbone are the intellect. To materialize the idea of digital Bangladesh, development of countrywide backbone and expected number of human recourses are the basic needs.
Awareness of the arising issue: Government policy
On the other hand, while mass people are concern, availability, accessibility and affordability must be ensured; otherwise the objective of building a digital Bangladesh could not be achieved properly. Due to globalization, more specifically due to booming of ICT like most of the country of the globe, Bangladesh has already been connected with the outside world through the information super highway.
* The study found that the sectors leaders had diverging assessments on the state of e-governance, e-commerce and software/hardware industry but were more in agreement with health, education, agriculture, digital divide and cyber security. They like wise had shared meanings regarding the stakeholders/beneficiaries, pillars/components and scope of Digital Bangladesh but were divided regarding its definition, goals and roadmap. They presented a myriad of Challenges and policy recommendations for Digital Bangladesh as well.
Dr. Jude Genilo, Mr. Md. Shamsul Islam& Ms. Marium Akther: Narratives on Digital Bangladesh: Shared Meanings, Shared Concerns
* Nationwide will provide the all information which is accurately correspondent of peoples needed though ensure the slogan. * Only one ID-which provide all valid services like: Banking services, voting, Driving License, foreign services etc¦At the cause the access of information under one identity if we will make generally. * Ensuring all Bangladeshis to acquire minimum Certificate S.S.C * Avoid the competitively awareness of the political issues, create a harmony to bonding the community based development to image political Leaders.
* Social awareness is the broadest concept of the developing to understand the environmental changes. * Also Government should be most vulnerable activities to reach the slogan Digital Bangladesh. Digitalization of Bangladesh will depend how best the Government can leverage the power of ICT to increase the access to information of its population. . . . The final weakness is implementation approach, which has been focused on government delivery rather than facilitation and enabling of private and voluntary sector solutions.
Digital is a tool that will help accelerate economic development and increase competitive edges of Bangladesh in the world market. Wide-scale digitization is likely to help Bangladesh become a mid-income country sooner than otherwise possible. However, for proper management the government needs to define its vision, mission and goals and formulate strategies and prepare action plans supported by necessary financial and human resources so that the plans can be implemented. The forces of globalization and technology are continuously reshaping our economy. The impact of information and communication technology (ICT) is giving rise to a new type of economy the knowledge based economy.
It is necessary to mention that in the short run Digital Bangladesh aims at E-Governance and service delivery through utilizing ICT. But the vision Digital Bangladesh concept is the whole arena of a knowledge based Digital Economy. Bangladesh cant afford to achieve that goal in the short and medium run. The thinkers, technocrats and IT experts have to focus on the short run issues and measures the present Government should undertake to digitalize Bangladesh.
It is important to start digitalizing service delivery organs like Police, City corporation, Land Department, Tax Department, PDB, Water supply, Gas and other authorities also including sectors like Banking, Insurance, Customs, Tax Collection. Urgent steps should be taken to digitalize institutions like Bangladesh Bank, NBR, PSC, UGC, EC, ACC and other vital institution to go a step ahead towards Good Governance. Our government must take proactive steps to take technology to rural citizens. However our dream towards digital Bangladesh has a long way to go.
Bangladesh Awami League, (2008, December 17). Vote for Boat for digital Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina tellsrallies en route to Tungipara. Retrieved
August 25, 2009,from http://www.albd.org/autoalbd/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=377&Itemid=1 Akbar, M. S. U, (2009, October 31), Digital Bangladesh: Integrating ICT in non-ICT projects, The Daily Star, p11.
Correspondent, Staff, (2009, June 22).Cross digital divide to reach digital Bangladesh The Daily Star,p.1.
Allan Martin (February 2009:2) Digital Literacy for the Third Age: Sustaining Identity in an Uncertain World eLearning Papers, www.elearningpapers.eu, 1 Nº 12 ¢ February 2009, ISSN 1887-1542 Manuel Castells: The Internet Galaxy, The Internet is a fundamental instrument for Development in the Third World (castells2001:5) Sttrattegiic Priioriittiies off Diigiittall Banglladeshprepared by Access to IInfformatiion ((A2II)) Programme Priime Miiniisters Offffiice
Jude Genilo, Marium Akther, Md. Shamsul Islam:Narratives on Digital Bangladesh: Shared Meanings, Shared Concerns,PSN: Development Strategies (Topic) 02/2010; DOI:10.2139/ssrn.1554146